The freestyle scooter is more and more popular among the young people who like to enjoy halfpipes and other facilities dedicated to freestyle. Some prefer to use it to cross sidewalks, stairs, and other urban obstacles that an ordinary scooter could not support.
If it is the first time you are going to face the choice of a pro scooter, it is important to know its general characteristics so that you can evaluate the features and find one that best suit your needs. The market offers low-cost basic models and more made with innovative materials that maximize safety and fun.
However, you should consider the age of the user because obviously, the versions for children are generally different from adults. Adults often choose the folding models, because they are light and easy to carry.
Best Pro Scooters in 2021
Basically, all Freestyle models are suitable for beginners. If you already have freestyle experience then opt for a higher-end model because it will last longer over time. In the list below, you will find several variants of models, and before selecting, we have considered different factors such as material, weight, price, number of customer reviews and many other details. Therefore the first scooter on our list can be considered as the most popular at this moment.
List of the top 10 best freestyle scooters in 2021.
- Fuzion X-3 Pro Scooter – Our Top Pick
- MADD GEAR MGP Kick Series
- WeSkate Pro Scooter – Best for Price
- Fuzion X-5 Pro Scooters
- Phoenix UPGRADED Pilot Pro Scooter
- Fuzion Z250 Pro Scooters
- Mongoose Rise Stunt Kick Scooter – Editor’s Choice
- Swagtron Scooter – Best for Beginners
- Madd Gear VX7 Team Pro Scooter
- Lucky Complete Pro Scooter
1. Fuzion X-3 Pro Scooter (Our top pick)
Fuzion X-3 is a great pro scooter with an amazingly smooth ride, and more importantly for the price, it is the ideal choice if you are a beginner rider. It designed for the skatepark as well as for street-riding. The totally redesigned PRO X-3 features a lightweight and tough 4-inch wide. The model is also available in 9 different colors.
It comes with a new heavy-duty and smooth IHC compression system that has a threadless headset and sealed bearings it only takes three bolts to tighten on the triple-stacked 6061 hardened aluminum clamp. The PRO X-3 takes no time to put together and comes ready to ride right out of the box.
The height of the handlebars is 29.5 inches. and the width is 18.5 inches. The deck’s length is 20 inches, and the width is 4 inches. However, the scooter height generally comes down to rider preference.
This model is simple to use making it ideal for travel. The wheels are made out of high rebound PU making them fast and grippy. The wheel cores are made out of ABS composite for added strength. With durable construction, the scooter offers you security, high-quality workmanship and easy handling. It is suitable for every street and every skatepark.
- Best Entry Level: This freestyle scooter is more durable and suitable for beginners, boys and girls (different age) with little to no stunt scooter experience.
- Ultra-Light: It’s lighter than competing scooters on the market. And weighs itself around 7 lbs, making it one of the lightest scooters on our list.
2. Madd Gear Kick Series Extreme Pro Scooter
You have already known that MADD GEAR is the World’s Number 1 Pro Scooter Brand backed by industry-leading durability and quality. This Kick Series scooter will see you through years of growth and riding progression. This Action Sports Kick Extreme Scooter is infused with 9 generations of technology and product testing by the world’s best pro riders.
This unit looks really very good, welds are good, and the materials are thick. Handgrips are very grippy, much nicer than foam grips. The deck is the best part of this model which built very solidly. It is also sturdy, and the brake is amazing. It is ideal for people who are looking for a simple, clean scooter that will match almost any outfit and accessory.
The bars are 18 inches wide with a lot of back sweep. Also about 21 to 23 inches in height depending on how you place the top bar piece because the bars are 2 piece bars. It comes almost fully assembled, you just need to put the clamp on and attach handlebars to the deck.
Wheels roll smoothly and fast, bearings are good. And the wheels not showing any early signs of wear so far. Just like most things, you get what you pay for and if you want a pro scooter that can take a lot of hard riding, some crashing, and last …MGP is the one to buy.
- Easy to control: This scooter is specially designed for boys and girls (6 years old minimum) with little or no stunt scooter experience. This model has the characteristic extra-wide wheels and soft-touch grips which help the scooter rider to easily control the scooter.
- Ultra-Sturdy All-Metal Body: The main body of the scooter is made of alloy steel, so its stability and toughness does not lose the professional scooter. It is one of the durable scooters on the market, ideal for doing tricks and going fast.
3. WeSkate Pro Scooter for Skatepark (Best for Price)
WeSkate pro scooter decks are rugged and have great looking designs that bring stable performance for beginner rider with efficient composite brake. The bar of this model made of medium carbon steel tubes. And this pro scooter is suitable for those who want to buy a model that can able to provide long time service.
The deck’s width of 4.1 inches and length of 18.9 inches. It holds a head tube with a 33.5 inches that’s all made of aluminum alloy with heat treated. With only 3.9kg weight, it provides high safety with landing support. And it’s a good scooter to buy if you aren’t looking to go pro, but don’t want a razor folding scooter.
It can go pretty fast, making a great starter scooter for kids/young teens. The steer can turn 360, and very strong and sturdy, all-welded strong connections, can do many tricks on it. It is the best model for the intermediate and advanced rider, the age 8+.
- Sturdy and Durable: Made from premium aircraft-grade aluminum with welding technology and robust tubular steel. The stunt scooter can withstand a weight of up to 220 lbs and withstand daily practice.
- Smooth and Reliable: Sensitive steel rear brake provides a reliable and safe stop when driving. 100mm high rebound PU wheels and ABEC-9 bearings provide a smooth and smooth ride for cruising and the flexibility to deal with heavy impact when landing jumps and tricks.
4. Fuzion X-5 Pro Scooters – Quality Freestyle
The Fuzion manufacturer has completely redesigned every single component of the Pro X-5. It convinces with high stability and excellent equipment features. This pro scooter is light, fast, tough, and has a simple and more minimalist design. It is designed to quickly take young riders to their next level. Fuzion Pro X-5 scooter is dialed and ready to ride right out of the box.
Wider handlebars for sturdiness and control and a quiet, smooth ride from the tires and frame make this scooter an excellent choice. The scooter rides smooth and the foot bed is solid. With only three bolts to tighten on the triple-stacked 6061 hardened aluminum clamp, it takes no time to put together.
The comfortable handles also protect your hands from the vibrations of the road. Scooter height really comes down to rider preference, however, most riders prefer the handlebars to hit at about hip height. From the deck to the top of the handlebars, the Fuzion X-5 is 31.75” tall.
Fusion decks are a touch larger than most of the other top brands and that’s a big plus. This pro scooter can perform for most kids looking to get into trick scooter stuff. The maximum weight capacity is 200 lbs, suitable for the young driver who returns to sport.
- Wide Bar: The 21.5” H/18” W, High Tensile Steel construction V-Bar provides extra stiffness and strength, which is perfect for beginner to intermediate riders ages 8 and up.
- Suitable for All: This scooter consists of a beautiful and sturdy one-piece design and the headset bearings are pretty smooth. It is more suitable for stunts such as spinning, acceleration, downshifting, shell, etc.
5. Phoenix Pilot High-Quality Pro Scooter
Phoenix Pilot has always been at the forefront of product advancement for the professional scooter scene. They believe it is more important than ever to deliver the same high-quality products to the next generation of scooter riders. And we think this is an excellent scooter for learning balance and your child will also be the coolest kid in the neighborhood.
The durable construction with high-quality materials and beautiful design of the Phoenix Pilot is the perfect mix for the developing rider, allowing users to up their game and master an array of pro scooter tricks. The castors with aluminum core and the ABEC 9 ball bearing.
The Phoenix Pilot is a lightweight, yet strong 8.8 lbs. This freestyle scooter made for beginner and intermediate riders, but it can take the weight of mom and dad too. It takes less than 5 minutes to put together and doesn’t need any attention or tightening.
- Durable Handlebar: The 22″ Tall x 20″ Wide handlebars are very durable and equipped with a 4 bolt clamp which provides additional strength. This makes the handlebars very easy to handle when using.
- Perfect Riding Experience: The pro scooter is the perfect device for performing cool freestyle tricks in the skate park or halfpipe. It is also suitable for cruising through the city, the park or on the way to work.
6. Fuzion Z250 Pro Scooters – Trick Scooter
Fuzion’s Z250 intermediate level Pro Scooter just got even better. This scooter redesigned from the ground up with two new graphics, 6 color ways, and all new parts that make this model something special. There is no doubt that this model has been fully upgraded with all new Fuzion designed custom components.
It features a brand-new deck and neck design with 3-degree top concave design and a flat bottom with rails ideal for grinding. Its new deck and neck distribute landing forces evenly across the deck’s outer surface making this one of the toughest and lightest decks around. It comes with a narrow 4.25 inches profile and ultra-light design.
This model is the best combination of custom-designed components and ideal for the entry, to intermediate level rider…. best intro-level pro model ever. And If you travel a lot or find that you always have to slide your favorite scooter in contests, making the Fuzion Z250 a travel companion should be a fantastic idea.
The Z250 comes with an Allen wrench which you use to tighten the handlebars onto the deck. It has very minimal assembly and no other tools are needed. The wheels are made of polyurethane which is a great type of plastic. However, most scooter wheels are made from this material.
- Durable Construction: The fork is built from stamped steel and features a fully sealed integrated headset for smooth, controlled steering. 110mm wheelset featuring aluminum cores and designed with 88a durometer outers to provide the perfect grip.
- High safety Design: The step, equipped with a non-slip surface, guarantees safety while driving. And the handling of the stunt scooter is simple and completely intuitive.
7. Mongoose Rise Stunt Kick Series Pro Scooter
Get ready for the skatepark with the Rise 110 Expert pro scooter by Mongoose, the Rise is loaded with outstanding features, and models for every experience level. By far one of the best freestyle scooters for adults, and which has the best quality/price ratio of the moment, this is the Mongoose Kick Series.
It delivers a high-quality ride with a stylish look. Epic adventures await with a rise freestyle scooter become your own legend with Mongoose. It made of durable ABEC-7 bearings that provide smooth non-slip riding.
It built with lightweight alloy deck with extended-standing area for pro-style scooter performance with full-coverage MaxGrip on the alloy deck and steel brake.
The scooter weighs about 6 lbs and fully assembled. The handlebars are about 23″ wide. From the standing deck to the handlebar it’s about 29″ and from the ground to the handlebar it’s about 33″ tall. Mongoose also comes with a warranty that covers manufacturing defects.
The pro scooter is designed with the pegs and is suggested for use will all original parts of the product. They also received excellent user feedback, so we can say that it is a safe bet and you can therefore go with your eyes closed.
- One-Piece Construction: Its one-piece welded steel T-bar handlebar with bike-style grips provide the perfect combination of durability and comfort. The maximum load of the fun model is 100 kilograms which is enough for both child and adult.
- Reasonable Cost: This unit is of excellent quality for the price and more than good enough for use at the local skate park. The frame is very solid and the wheels are of fairly nice quality.
8. Swagtron Stunt Freestyle Scooter for Beginners
No matter how fast you ride or how quickly you transition between stunts, Swagtron scooter’s aluminum brake will bring you to a quick and safe stop each time. Whether you are learning basic moves or developing your own special style to bring to the skate park, this spectacular ride is your best bet in achieving a safe, fun, and exhilarating riding experience.
Perform your limits using two pegs that can be attached to the front or rear wheel. The two pegs allow you to keep your balance while trying awesome new tricks so that you’ll have added versatility with all the stunts in your arsenal. The heavy-duty deck and rugged NAGA clamp ensure it will stand up to even the most challenging park.
This pro scooter uses aircraft-grade Aluminum 6061-T6 alloy for the frame and stem. It’s double-tempered for added durability, while still being pliable enough to absorb the shock and impact from hard falls from hard landings. It is compact and lightweight and the carrying handle makes it easy to store.
The deck grip is heavy gauge grip tape, it is very coarse for maximum grip. As with most scooter decks, you can peel up the grip tape and replace it with a grip/design of your choice. While the current grip tape works very well. You can easily replace it with the grip you prefer.
- Lightweight: The scooter forged in 6061 T6 aluminum is light and resistant with only 7.4 lbs. Undoubtedly one of the most popular pro scooters of the moment with its breathtaking design.
- Fast Ride: The Swagtron Freestyle Scooter will allow you to progress quickly in the street or in the park. And if you like simple, clutter-free designs, it will be the perfect choice for you.
9. Madd Gear VX7 Team Budget Pro Scooter
The team edition pro scooter was MADD GEAR second model ever and it was always designed to give their pro riders exactly what they wanted and for 2018 the vx8 team continues along that path. The vx8 team has been upgraded to 120mm fuse cores running on their proprietary polyurethane blend making them more durable and even faster.
This complete pro scooter comes with a piece of high-end scooter grip tape. Great quality and finish, rides smooth as silk and looks great. It also rides great at the skatepark and it’s easy to jump/bunny hop. Tricks are much easier compared to razor scooters. The color combination of black and white makes a real eye-catcher.
The color and pattern are also subtle for a preteen who is ready to move beyond a kid scooter. This pro scooter is a really good choice for beginners and real smooth similar to the envy series 5 prodigy scooter. It’s also very light and overall, a great trick scooter for the price.
- Easy Progression: The Madd Gear freestyle scooter is designed for street or acrobatic park skating. Suitable for beginners to help develop skills to advance to the professional level. Perfect for riders ages 8 and up. Maximum loading weight: 100 kg.
- Improved Specifications: 110mm MGP 88a Rebound PU Wheels with High Speed Chrome Bearing ensure smooth riding experience. The widened platform provides a wider space for balance and safe stunts. High strength steel bars give greater strength.
10. Lucky Crew Complete Bulletproof Pro Scooter
Last but not least, this complete bulletproof pro scooter was made to help you ride harder, smoother and faster right out of the box. Whether you prefer to push through the streets or turn heads at the skate park, it is the most worthy accomplice for any beginner or intermediate to the expert rider looking to level up.
It is upgradeable and compatible with Lucky’s entire aftermarket lineup. This unit is perfect to grow with any young rider’s size and abilities and fits any rider 4 feet or taller. In terms of price, this is one of the most inexpensive scooters in our comparison and an excellent choice if you are the first time.
The 19-inch deck sounds short for a boy your size. The fully integrated design is great. Be sure to compare the bar and deck size compared to what you currently ride. This Pro Scooter measures 34 inches tall from the bottom of the wheel to the top of the grips.
- Built-in High-Quality: Lucky holds all their components to the highest manufacturing standards. They use aircraft-grade aluminum and the other choice alloys in their decks, hardware, bars, and bearings. The impressive handlebars height provides comfort riding for anyone.
- Jump Resistant and Safe: The body is made of aluminum alloy, which is both strong and malleable, and the high elasticity PU wheels, which can rebound instantly, are suitable for all stunts. Thanks to its safe design, this pro scooter is suitable for both beginners and experts alike, it allows children to progress safely as a professional.
Before making the purchase decision, you may want to know the most important factors that will help you choose the right model at a reasonable cost. So if you really need to know what are the most important aspects that you must take into account, pay attention to this section.
On the market, there are many different models of pro scooters, for technical characteristics, as well as for the price. They offered in a wide price range. It is therefore difficult to give a precise budget. It all depends on your needs and use. You don’t want to spend more than necessary, but the quality of a product can however be determined by its cost.
If models with fairly small wheels are generally accessible between 40 and 70 dollars, large wheel scooters cost between 100 and dollars depending on their functionality. Regarding good quality pro scooters, it costs between 100 to 300 dollars.
Let’s start with one of the essential parts of the scooter. A good handlebar must be made in one piece to make it more resistant. Regarding its size, we can find them of different diameters to adapt to the tastes of each one. A piece of good advice would be to find that handlebar that fits the width of the shoulder size.
For example, if you are looking to make turns, it would be more convenient to take a shorter bar. On the other hand, with regard to height, these types of handlebars are usually lower than the rest.
Let’s see what materials we can find them:
- Steel handlebar: they are heavier but more resistant.
- Aluminum handlebar: they are very light but less resistant than steel.
- Chrome-plated steel handlebar: it is not as light as aluminum but it has great strength and durability.
Base or deck
The base or deck is the rectangular platform where the feet rest. Depending on the material used, they can be heavier or lighter. However, heavier ones are more resistant. The base measurement for this type of scooter is usually between 4 and 4.5 inches. These bases have built-in anti-slip sandpaper to favor the grip of the feet.
Fork is an indispensable element for the cushioning of the scooter. The fork can be found in two types, with thread and without thread. The threaded forks are mounted with compression and threaded steering systems usually come mounted on the simplest models and are more vulnerable to breaking.
On the other hand, the hairpins without thread are of higher quality and resistant, they must be mounted with directions without thread. Generally, the diameter of the forks is 28 mm, although you can find them in different sizes.
The height is an important characteristic that should be taken into account when buying a pro scooter. To find the ideal model, you have to choose according to the size of the user. The taller you are, the higher the height of the equipment. If you are small, we recommend that you build your own custom scooter. This is so that you can enjoy better comfort and optimal stability.
In all cases, we advise you to look for a scooter for adults adjustable in height. This will allow you to adjust the handlebars or the bar according to your height or posture. Also, you can customize your deck, wheels, and all the other parts of your freestyle trot.
The address is perhaps the most important part of the pro scooter. It is located at the base of the handlebar and will allow it to rotate correctly. The address is the element that will allow us to make 360º turns.
The compression systems make the scooter can last longer in time and in turn allow the handlebar to rotate better. They serve to give proper compression to the bearings.
If the fork of the scooter is threaded, it must be mounted with a screw compression system. While if the system is without thread we will have to mount it with a direction without thread. There are 3 different types of systems in the market: screwed, semi-integrated and integrated (SCS, HIC and ICS).
It is essential to take into account the types of wheels if you want to find the right pro scooter. To do this, you must first choose according to their diameter. Expressed in mm, the latter can indeed vary from 100 mm to 230 mm. Be aware that the larger the diameter, the faster and more comfortable the scooter will be.
In addition to ensuring speed and safety, a model with wheels of 200 mm or more also adheres better to the road. However, small diameter wheels, between 100 and 120 mm are recommended for a junior or for freestyle. This type of equipment is lower and therefore more stable.
Besides the diameter, you must also take into account the hardness of the rubber as well as the fluidity of the bearings. A soft eraser offers a better grip, of course, but tends to wear out faster than a harder eraser. As for the fluidity of the bearings, it is defined by ABEC standards. The higher the standard, the more speed there will be.
The brakes will allow greater safety on the scooter and it will turn to contribute less wear of the wheels. There are 2 types:
- The flexible brakes or Flex fender usually adjusted with one or more screws is shaped like a mudguard and is the most used.
- Spring brakes tend to be cheaper and noisier and not good for experienced users.
Options & accessories
The different brands currently offer pro scooters that are not only more and more efficient but also practical. It’s up to you to choose according to your needs and expectations. For example, you will find models with front and rear suspensions to effectively cushion runway irregularities.
Some equipment is fitted with a rear friction braking system.
For those who are forced to take their scooters on public transport, it is better to opt for a foldable model. In this case, take into account the speed and ease of the folding system. Small accessories linked to practicality and comfort, such as the crutch. The type of handle or the non-slip strip should not be taken lightly.
The sleeves are the rubber grips that will allow you to have a good grip on the handlebar.
Now that you know the main parts that constitute the stunt scooter, you have the easiest way to choose the scooter that best suits your needs.
Why buy a scooter?
- An ecological means of transport: Needless to say, the emission of carbon dioxide from cars is one of the main causes of global warming. The pro scooter is an alternative for getting around town without harming the environment. A very practical and pleasant ecological means of transport that will allow you to go to school, university or work every day. In addition, riding a scooter is a sporting practice, since it works your arms, legs and your breath.
- To save with transport: In addition to protecting the environment, the other benefit of getting a scooter is that there is the potential for considerable savings. You will not have to buy fuel, the price of which is constantly increasing or pay a taxi for your small trips in town. Using such a device will also save you time in traffic. Today, the market even offers electric scooters for those who want to ride faster while making a minimum of effort.
How to use a pro scooter?
A pro scooter is fairly simple equipment to use. It’s a bit like riding a bike, you just need to be in balance and get used to it. There are still a few rules to follow to drive safely and comfortably.
First of all, you must adjust the height of the handlebars so that your arms are slightly bent. Then place your hands on the handlebars and your support foot on the chainring, bending your leg slightly. You just have to start your movement with one or two pushes on the ground with your free leg.
Position your foot near the brake located on the rear wheel to anticipate a stop each time you just restart. You can flex your supporting leg, put the front of your pushing foot on the ground, and take a momentum to gain speed. We also advise you to reverse the roles played by each of your legs from time to time for better endurance.
It is therefore important to wear the correct protective clothing. A protective helmet or a special skater helmet can protect against head injuries.
Pro scooter tricks
As soon as the scooter has been tried out on the flat surface for a few days, you want to make your first attempts in the skate and scooter park. The first tricks should ideally be shown by other drivers, who can explain the subtleties of the exercise and can also take corrective action.
Another good source for learning tricks is Youtube. There are hourly video instructions. Practice makes perfect. In order to learn the difficult tricks, even professionals have to put up with hundreds of unsuccessful attempts before they can perfect their move and land safely.
You now have all the information to choose the pro scooters on the market! We have also carried out a special study on cheap electric scooters. Do not hesitate to take a look. Tell me the Best Freestyle Scooter you choose in the comment. However, if you found this article interesting and useful, please share it with your friends.