Many people feel comfortable exercising at home. The problem is very few people can allocate space in their homes to install a large collection of gym equipment. Free standing pull-up bar is a versatile piece of gym equipment and exceptional for a variety of exercises without taking up too much space. You can consider it a real micro-gym.
Free standing pull-up bars are stable and resistant compare to other fitness equipment. Also, you can save some money to avoid purchasing unnecessary items. In this way, you can keep fit without leaving the house.
However, before making a purchase decision, it is necessary to consider different criteria such as the type of training that one wishes to follow or in relation to its morphology. In this article, we’re going to review the top 7 best free standing pull-up bars of 2022.
- Best Free Standing Pull Up Bars in 2022
- Top Free Standing Pull Up Bars – At a Glance
- 1. Fitness equipment C-Black Free Standing Pull-up Bars
- 2. Health Gear CFT2.0 Pull Up bar & Weight Bench
- 3. GoBeast Portable Free Standing Pull Up Bar for Home
- 4. KT KHANH TRINH Foldable Free Standing Pull Up Bar
- 5. Fitness Reality X-Class Multi-Function Power Tower
- 6. Fitness Equipment Free Standing Pull-up Bar
- 7. Able fitness Dip Station Chin Up Bar Power Tower
- How to choose the best free-standing pull-up bar
- What are the benefits of training with free standing pull-up bars?
- Does a free standing pull-up bar require any maintenance?
- Are free-standing pull-up bars safe to use?
- What types of exercises can I do with a free-stand pull-up bar?
- Is it worth buying a self-supporting pull-up bar for home use?
- How much do I need to invest to buy a good quality free standing pull-up bar?
- The verdict
Best Free Standing Pull Up Bars in 2022
If you are looking for a free-standing pull-up bar for your whole family, which convinces with a very good price-performance ratio and can be folded up in seconds, then the Fitness equipment C-Black is the best option for you. With high load capacity and the option to store & carry easily with a bag, your training will be flexible. In addition, the long durable construction gives you the security of purchasing.
The best models on the market are described below.
Top Free Standing Pull Up Bars – At a Glance
- Best Ergonomic Free Standing Pull Up Bar – Fitness Equipment C-Black
- Free standing Pull Up Bar with Workout Bench – Health Gear CFT2.0
- Best Portable Free standing Pull Up Bar – GoBeast
- Best Free standing Pull Up Bar for the Price – KT KHANH TRINH
- High Quality Free Standing Pull Up Bar – Fitness Reality X-Class
- Best Free standing Pull Up Bar for All Family Members – Fitness equipment A
- Best Free standing Pull Up Bar for Indoor & Outdoor – AbleFitness
1. Fitness equipment C-Black Free Standing Pull-up Bars
Fitness equipment C-Black free standing pull-up bar made of Heavy-duty steel frame. It allows users to exercise a wide variety of muscle groups for a complete upper body workout. This is a smart home bodybuilding solution for your abs, chest, back, shoulders, and arms. It is very useful for both upper limb and lower limb muscles.
The handle is comfortable and non-slip, to ensure joyful exercise. The Fitness equipment pull-up bar can withstand over one hundred thousand counts of usage with 990 LBS of load capacity.
The non-slip and large rubber mats highlight safety to avoid any wobble and the base does not adhere to the floor. The height can be adjustable in multi-level, so kids, men and women used this model comfortably. It is a great piece of fitness equipment for children’s growing workouts.
Its ergonomic design provides extra comfort while giving you a systemic and scientific exercise. The chin stretch and lift stations are padded for exceptional comfort during training. You can burn calories fast & cellulite reduction, building good body shape with this training apparatus. You can use your own weight and gravity to get the best workout possible.
- For more amazing products like this check out our pick of the best rowing machines under $500.
However, you need to assemble the product and tighten the lock screws carefully. Also, make sure to read the instruction carefully. Assembly instructions are simple and well-written. This model comes with a tool to assemble them but we recommend using the best ones if you have.
Why Choose Fitness Equipment C-Black Pull-up Bars:
- Durable construction for long lifetime use
- Multi-function design gives you full-body exercise
- It features multi-level height adjustments
- Non-slip and comfortable handles
- Includes stable large rubber mats
- Different height adjustments option
- Strong and durable construction
- Very stable base
- Functional and practical
- No warranty
2. Health Gear CFT2.0 Pull Up bar & Weight Bench
Work your upper body muscles with the Health Gear CFT2.0 free standing pull-up bar. It is made of high-quality materials, especially strong aluminum, and designed by professionals in the sector.
Health Gear CFT2.0 Multi-station functional fitness tower features a workout bench and it provides up to 13 comprehensive home gym workouts. For example, you can use this self-supporting bar for pull-up, chin-up, dip, vertical knee raise, push-up, rear dip, sit-up, and more.
The sturdy metal construction ensures great stability. So even as you tune in with a variety of stations and positions, you can work on sculpting those summer-ready muscles. It’s pretty strong that easily holds up to 300lbs. The exercise will be easier and more comfortable thanks to the padded handles and the padded supports for the back and the arms.
Health Gear CFT2.0 multi-gym power tower has everything you need to tone those muscles like never before. It comes with details instructions which are very easy to follow. The weight bench part can be installed either way.
Two things we don’t like; it doesn’t have an exercise for leg extensions and leg curls. The handles are a bit small in circumference which could be better in order to make the hands more comfortable. However, Health Gear CFT2.0 free standing pull-up bar is a great way to start.
- For other products that will help you reach your fitness goals, check out our guide to the best treadmills under $300 for home use & our favorite treadmills under $500 for home gym.
Why Choose Health Gear CFT2.0 Pull-up Bars:
- Includes everything you need
- Multi-station and functional
- 13 comprehensive home gym workouts
- Solid frame with non-slip end caps
- Perfect home gym equipment for beginner
- Good choice for the price
- Sturdy and well made
- Strong and have duty construction
- Easy to carry and move
- Comes with complete assembly instructions
- Doesn’t include barbell
- Can’t support Olympic bar
If you are looking to do pullups and other similar exercises in your backyard or on the go, then the GoBeast would be a brilliant choice for you! GoBeast free standing pull-up bar allows you to develop powerful defined arms and core muscles while working out at your own leisure with over 35 exercises.
It dismantles into smaller tubular lengths so users can easily store it at home or car. It is a very solid and versatile power tower under $150. This equipment is about 40 lbs in weight so that you can easily move short distances. It is very simple to take apart and put back together.
GoBeast portable pull-up bar has a max weight capacity of up to 150kg. Also, this unit is sturdy enough for a lot of swinging motion. The bars have a fairly large diameter, much larger than what is standard at most gyms. The materials seem to be heavy-duty quality with a durable powder-coated finishing.
The unit itself is about 6’3″ tall which is perfect for people’s heights up to 6 feet. You can switch between the lower bar and upper bar positions in less than a minute. However, you’ll need gloves for a comfortable workout. Otherwise, your hands may bother you. Simple gloves will be just fine.
GoBeast pull-up and dip station comes with a high-quality carrying bag and shoulder straps so that users can easily take it anywhere they like. It is not only able to meet the ASTM standards, but it also exceeds them as well. Overall, it is a perfect choice for beginners or seasoned hobbyists.
Why Choose GoBeast Free Standing Pull-up Bars:
- Designed for slow controlled movements
- User can be used on a hard solid surface
- 35 gym workouts with downloadable manual
- Included a large storage bag & shoulder strap
- It is portable
- Stable and sturdy
- It will last a long time
- Easy to take apart and store
- Cheap price
- Only 2 height adjustments
- Not good for CrossFit
- It’s a little wobbly
4. KT KHANH TRINH Foldable Free Standing Pull Up Bar
KT KHANH TRINH free-standing pull-up bar was designed by Mr. Khanh Trinh who has 15 years of Pro pull-up experience, so we can be confirmed that KT Pull-Up Bar Station gives you the most secure and comfortable pull up/chin-up workouts at home. It features toes that don’t touch the ground and a full-body swing.
You can adjust the height of the KT KHANH TRINH power tower easily on many levels without spanner, making it suitable for all users less than 6.56ft. This unit is wider than the GoBeast, so your shin or knee will never hit on the frame as you drop back down from pull-ups.
The quality is remarkable, and the well-designed frame and outstanding structure help to have good Force-bearing capacity and stability. The sturdy means 93% wobble is removed, not 100% stable. However, it is enough to make you satisfied. The welds and painting are also represented truly carefully, that won’t scratch for decades.
KT Foldable heavy-duty pull-up rack can withstand up to 770lbs and enables the user to do the strongest exercises without being collapsed or bent. You won’t feel cramped in it even if you’re a big or tall person and the adjustable handlebar allows you to hold it wide or narrow as your fitness purpose.
It can be folded up within 8 seconds, which allows users to free up space after exercise. You can use KT KHANH TRINH free-standing pull-up bar anywhere as per your training regime.
Why Choose KT KHANH TRINH Free Standing Pull-up Bars:
- Toes don’t touch the ground
- Good forces-bearing capacity
- High-quality pull-up and chin-up bar at this price range
- Safe for all your family members
- You can adjust the height very easily
- Safe and reliable construction
- Easily foldable
- Versatile design
- No limit your movements
- Sturdy and durable
- Directions require an insignificant figure out
- It is a little heavy
5. Fitness Reality X-Class Multi-Function Power Tower
By installing the Fitness Reality X-Class power tower in your home, you have invested in health and fitness yourself for a long time. This is a multi-functional freestanding exercise station that is suitable for all fitness levels and muscle-building workouts. It is made of high-quality attachments with welded steel.
Fitness Reality X-Class pull-up bar built with 2 adjustable handlebars with foam rollers so that users can achieve multiple exercises with 7 mounting positions. It works great in your abs and masters your leg raises. This unit also provides up to 20 different exercises to train your different muscle groups.
The multiple grip pull-up/chin-up station helps you strengthen and sculpt your back, lats and biceps, triceps, and chest through different hand positions. The ergonomic designed 3″ thick angled backrest ensures legitimate support and comfort. And the 2.25″ thick angled forearm cushions ensure comfortable forearm.
With Fitness Reality X-Class pull-up bar, you will get the same intense gym-quality workout at home. Its 3 positions adjustable stability beam added extra safety and stability. The heavy-duty powder-coated steel tube frame withstands up to 400lbs of load capacity.
If you put it together properly and secure all the bolts, it will not wobble. The package includes wrenches to tighten the nuts and bolts. You can also disassemble most of the key pieces.
The vertical handles have two positions to choose from. However, the height of the dip bars/elbow pads is fixed, and not adjustable. This is not a problem if you are less than 7 feet. However, it is not good if you want to put this bar in the corner of a room.
Why Choose Fitness Reality X-Class Free Standing Pull-up Bars:
- Designed and built to be safe
- Durable and reliable pull-up bar for all ages
- 2 Adjustable Handle Bars with Foam Rollers
- Multiple Grip Pull-up/Chin-up Station
- Angled Forearm Cushion and Backrest
- Adjustable Stability Beam
- Very well built
- Strong and sturdy
- Perfect for home gym
- Some assembly required
- Hard to move around
6. Fitness Equipment Free Standing Pull-up Bar
Fitness Equipment ultralight pull-up bar made of high-quality steel. And it is a sturdy free standing pull-up bar under $400, that can be used in many different ways. There is even a large rubber mat at the bottom for superior stability and locknuts to hold everything in place in case of vibration.
It has 6 levels of height adjustment for both small and large family members. And with safe and strong support, Fitness Equipment’s free-standing pull-up bar is able to support a weight of up to 500 pounds. This power station ensures excellent workouts for the health-conscious family.
However, when you use this Dip Station chin-up bar, you will quickly become a fitness junkie. Because Fitness Equipment’s multi-functional exercise rack allows you to create a workout routine that will target all upper body muscles and a few others, like your abs.
A pretty nice Dip Station and backrest are easily removable that can be extended out for longer arms. The adjustment points also have large knobs, these are very easy to turn. The assembly process is easy, especially if you are using your own wrenches, which provide more leverage.
However, it doesn’t have an adjustable back pad.
- You might also be interested in some of the best Spin Bikes Under $500 on our list, so be sure to check them out.
Why Choose Fitness Equipment Free Standing Pull-up Bars:
- Stable rubber mats for superior stability
- Designed for comfort with padded handles
- Multifunctional exercise station
- Made of high-quality steel
- Reasonable cost
- Well designed
- Steel body parts are pretty thin
7. Able fitness Dip Station Chin Up Bar Power Tower
The best thing about the AbleFitness chin-up bar stand is that it is completely portable, so you can move your home without much more difficulty. AbleFitness Free-Standing Pull-Up Bar disassembles into small tubular pieces that you can store in the bag to take it anywhere. So you can take it to the park or consider becoming a door-to-door personal trainer.
This is a multi-functional pull-up bar and designed for full-body workouts such as arms support, vertical knee raise, abdominal muscles, arm, back, chest, shoulders, leg muscles, and more. And with the six levels of height adjustment, AbleFitness chin-up station can use comfortably by any adult in the household.
It is sturdy and fairly easy to put together. Obviously, the metal isn’t as thick or as heavy as the equipment you’d see in a commercial gym, however, this will be perfect for what most people are buying it for. This is an excellent free standing pull-up bar for the money.
The unit is quite stable on the hard surface It can support a maximum weight of 330 pounds. It is also designed for slow, and well-controlled movements. The grips and pressure points are ergonomic and allow you to work for a long time without too much effort.
AbleFitness free-standing pull-up bar helps you to develop strong, well-defined arms and core muscles that will turn your abs into something fabulous. However, the armrests are fixed at 53″ and the base is a little bit narrow.
Why Choose AbleFitness Pull-up Bars:
- Designed for slow, controlled movements
- Tough steel frame for solid support
- Ergonomic design for extra comfort
- Big & thick forearm cushions and backrest
- Good assembly instructions
- Easy to assemble
- A bit difficult to remove the armrest
- Made of thin metal
How to choose the best free-standing pull-up bar
Buying a self-supporting structure for traction is a step that can be very useful for your body. But it must be well considered for a whole series of factors that we are going to explain below.
The free-standing pull-up bar, unlike the one for the door, is an exercise device that needs a special space where it can be stationed as it is not easily removable. And in any case, having a structure that supports the two weights (structural and of the user).
It is always better to avoid carrying out the disassembly/assembly operations too often so as not to damage the pins and therefore compromise the stability of the structure.
Many self-supporting traction bars have a vertical structure that can be varied in height and that can even reach over 230 cm. However, one of the most common mistakes is to rely on this maximum parameter and relate it to the height of your ceiling, without calculating the space necessary for performing some traction exercises.
Variety of grips
The variety of grips is another important aspect when choosing a free-standing pull-up bar. In fact, these not only affect the quantity and variety of exercises that can be performed, but also the duration over time of the pull-up bar.
In addition to causing discomfort during training, sockets not of quality have greater wear and consequently also a shorter duration of the device itself.
What are the benefits of training with free standing pull-up bars?
- There are many benefits to workout with a freestanding pull-up bar. Including the fact that if you have a set at home, you can exercise whenever you want. The other benefit is that you don’t have to worry about looking cheesy in your local gym if you haven’t mastered the exercise yet.
- When you exercise with chin-up bars while standing, you can effectively isolate each muscle group in your upper body. Take the time to find out which are the different groups of exercises you can target and you will be able to sculpt the perfect body for you.
- Combine weight lifting bars with additional equipment such as resistance bands or free weights, you will have a complete workout system in the comfort of your home or office. However, you probably find that you don’t need it, as your body weight is the only resistance you will need.
However, the most important thing to remember when training with free-standing bars in a standing position is to check your technique. As with any workout, the right technique can be the difference between a good and a bad workout.
Worse yet, poor technique can also lead to injury. Follow the directions for each different exercise, and if you’re still unsure, ask your favorite fitness instructor for advice.
Does a free standing pull-up bar require any maintenance?
If you buy good quality pull-up bars, their maintenance will rarely be a problem. However, due to frequent vibration during exercise, some screws and bolts may start to loosen and eventually fall off. So before starting your regular exercise program, give your self-supporting pull-up bar a bit of a shake and test its stability. If it seems to be shaking more than usual, check all nuts, bolts, and screws, then tighten any that have come loose.
Are free-standing pull-up bars safe to use?
Caution is always advised when using any type of exercise equipment and this applies to freestanding pull-up bars. Most of them have an H-shaped base which is quite stable and the rest are designed for stability as well as security. As long as, if you follow the directions and exercise responsibly, you should be able to do it safely. Just make sure that the base of your freestanding pull-up bars is placed on a flat, even surface.
It is generally not advisable to lay your equipment on a carpeted floor. If you’ve installed it on the carpet, try various exercises first to make sure your device is stable.
What types of exercises can I do with a free-stand pull-up bar?
With the free-standing pull-up bar, you can do with the chin-up bars while standing are primarily aimed at your upper body. This includes the arms, shoulders, abs, and back muscles. Most weight lifting bars come with instructions and include the types of exercises you can do.
The most common exercises that you can do with the pull bars in the free position are as follows:
- Pull-Ups – These are the most obvious, hence the name “pull up bars”. Pull-up bars are great for working back muscles, but they’re also great for working core muscles and building arm strength.
- Chin-Ups – These primarily target your biceps and lats. Grasp the bar with the palms of your hands facing you and pull upward until the lower part of your chin touches the bar.
- Hanging Knee Raise – Hanging knee elevation is a great way to exercise your core muscles. Hold onto the bar with your palms facing you and raise your knees. Sounds easy, doesn’t it? It will take time to get there and it is much more difficult than it looks.
- The knees elbows – Hold the bar with your palms facing outward, gently pivot your legs back before rotating forward and bring your knees to your chest by touching your elbows.
There are many other exercises you can do with the self-supporting bar, however, some of them depend on the characteristics of the weight lifting bars you use while standing. For example, not all standing weight lifting bars have a triceps lowering device or vertical bar for lifting the knees.
Is it worth buying a self-supporting pull-up bar for home use?
Many would like to do more for their fitness, build up muscles, find a balance in everyday office life and fail when going to the gym. The way to get there, the motivation to even get into the car after work and also the membership fee are arguments that represent a major obstacle for many.
However, this obstacle no longer exists with a separate pull-up bar for the home. You can start your training flexibly at any time (even before work) and there is always 10 minutes for a training session.
A freestanding pull-up bar for home is cheaper in the long run than membership in the fitness studio. If the first few successes will be achieved, this will boost motivation again anyway!
Also, a training device at home has the advantage that you can train yourself undisturbed. Many shy feel uncomfortable in the gym because of being overweight or simply not being fit. And with your own free-standing pull-up bar, this is no longer an obstacle to doing something for your fitness at home!
How much do I need to invest to buy a good quality free standing pull-up bar?
Freestanding pull-up bar costs between 100 and 500 dollars. Compared to other gym equipment like elliptical trainer, exercise bike or rowing machines, self-supporting pull-up bar is not very cheap at first glance. But you get a long time service life on the pull-up bar and have the advantage of workout in different ways. So the investment is worth it for this reason.
However, only the high quality and particularly stable design freestanding pull-up bar cost a little more. You can choose a model between 100 and 300 for home use.
Like the test already revealed, free-standing pull-up bars are designed for professionals who can keep their bodies calm while training. But even newbies can fall back on the self-supporting pull-up bar if they find very stable constructions in the shop.
However, deciding to buy a free-standing pull-up bar means having a structure available in a confined space that allows a great variety of exercises and many training variables. In fact, it allows the development of various muscle bands of the upper body, and many models give the possibility of using accessories such as elastic bands and rings, for a more complete physical preparation.
For an optimal choice, you must always evaluate the personal goal you want to achieve and the best self-supporting pull-up bars of 2022 reviewed in this article allow you to make the appropriate choice for your needs and possibilities.
Now you are ready to tackle your slack and keep fit. If you think you still have some doubts, you can ask in the comment section below.
You might be interested in: